1973 - How To Talk To Petit Bourgeoisie And Bourgeoisie
HOW TO DO A WORK
– Determine what are to do for that. Fix order of the works according to importance.
– Find out the obstacles in thinking in doing that work and give ideological teaching to clear that.
For example, before a military work, guerrilla/in-charge may be caught by fear and thinking may emerge like dependence of help from outside, inexperience and lack of various things.
Provide ideological teaching to clear those. Those are emerged from individual interest and one-sidedness.
– Take class on investigation, one-sidedness in plan, subjectivism and superficiality.
That ideological work must be given prominence because it is idea that controls work.
– Give prominence to ideological work and then accomplish secondary works one after another.
HOW TO TALK TO PETIT BOURGEOISIE AND BOURGEOISIE
○ Properly know manifestations of petit bourgeoisie and bourgeoisie characters; know their forms of struggle properly and seriously keep caution so that those may not hinder the course of discussion.
○ Master method of dialectical discussion
○ Be good hearer first, start with his/her points of interest and then proceed. Do not start with difference.
○ Find out the points of agreements, mention and appreciate that and express agreement with that. Utilize those.
○ Appreciate their good aspects.
○ Put importance upon them and show eagerness and sincerity to them.
○ Find out points of disagreements.
○ Clear the dissents that arose due to style of expression. If you do not have correct knowledge on any subject, do not express opinion about that.
○ Slowly clear basic dissents one after another in long days’ course. Do not debate/quarrel on those.
○ Make them agree to at least keep contact
EXTRA POINTS ON DISCUSSION
Be flexible in discussion Should have good knowledge on party line Should have knowledge on various subjects besides Marxism. Should know how to carry diplomatic discussion. Master improvement of voice Be able to talk in English Be smart in outer appearance and behavior and keep good health Have polite and sweat behavior and know courtesy. Know well about the positions and works of whom are you talking Never express personal view other than that of party and do not do bossing Fix points and order of discussion beforehand for a consolidated discussion HOW TO TALK IN A DEMOCRATIC WAY
Do not talk in the middle of another’s talking, but only after he/she finishes. If you have any question, take note of that and ask one after another after the first person finishes. If you do not understand anything, write it down and mention after he/she finishes. If you think that he/she missed points, politely mention after he/she finishes that it is better to mention that or please say something about that. Keep in mind that you do not express egotism Attentively hear all the speeches of all. If someone says something, do not say on his/her face that it is incorrect. Make him/her understand that slowly so that he/she becomes convinced about his/her mistake, but does not mind. Do not debate with unclear knowledge but ask question to know clearly or ask to know where we can get references to know about it.