Nepal: Two States, Two Futures Collide Nepal is perched on the brink of dramatic change. The old monarchy is tottering – what state system will replace it? The new Nepal led by the Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist) centred in the countryside confronts the old regime of landlords and bureaucrat capitalists centred in Kathmandu and beholden to imperialism and India. A photo essay shows one way the country’s people are beginning to build a self-reliant society – a “road to the future” – as captured by a team of internationalist volunteers. An extract from a report from the Central Committee of the CPN (Maoist) presents how the party itself views recent developments.
Empire – Revolutionary Communism or “Communism” without Revolution? In recent years Antonio Negri and Michael Hardt offered an unusually sweeping critique of the contemporary world addressing philosophy, economics, culture and other arenas. At the heart of their analysis is what the authors call “Empire” – a “post-imperialist” order. A Maoist response argues that though the work contains provocative insights, its core theses toss out key truths about the way the capitalism system actually functions today and dispense with the need for proletarian revolution.
The Revolutionary Internationalist Movement Two Maoist leaders of parties of RIM speak out. The Secretary General of the Communist Party (Maoist) of Afghanistan is interviewed by AWTW about the crucial need to uphold Marxism-Leninism-Maoism in that country’s difficult political terrain. Bob Avakian, Chairman of the Revolutionary Communist Party, USA, looks at some of the ways the international communist movement has dealt with epistemology – how people come to know reality – and argues for the need to settle accounts with views that block or distort the search for truth, even uncomfortable truths that make revolutionaries cringe.
- Torrents of Revolt Engulf the Throne
- From the Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist)
- International Teams Help Build a Road to the Future
- Neither Imperialism nor Islam – Interview with Afghanistan Maoist Leader
- Bob Avakian On Epistemology: On Knowing and Changing the World
- France’s Proletarian Youth Erupt
- On the Massacre of 17 Revolutionary Leaders and Fighters in Turkey RIM Committee Statement Statement from the Maoist Communist Party (Turkey and North Kurdistan)
- Chang Chun-chiao: An Unrelenting Champion of Communism
- A Sober Look at the Situation of the Peru Revolution
- Book Review On Negri and Hardt’s Empire: Revolutionary Communism or “Communism” without Revolution?